Anti-Psychiatry Principles of Unity
• That psychiatry is not a legitimate field of medicine.
• That psychiatry is a tool of social control which enforces conformity to the prevailing social order.
• That “mental illness” is a semantically absurd concept which falsely conflates the abstraction known as the “mind” with the physical brain to mislead people into believing they have literal diseases.
• That the psychiatric system cannot be reformed but must be abolished.
• An end to all forced psychiatric procedures and “treatments,” including but not limited to incarceration, solitary confinement, physical restraints, drugging, and electroshock.
• An end to all state support for psychiatry, including but not limited to the use of psychiatric testimony in legal proceedings; psychiatric screenings in schools, prisons, and workplaces; licensing of psychiatrists; and the use of public monies to support psychiatric programs or research.
We Assert — and plan to exercise — our right as an oppressed class to self-determination…
For more information: https://danielbrummitt.com/product/humane-coalition/
— Mental Health Reformer (@mh_reform) February 7, 2021